PART A 1)
2) a) Autocratic Leadership
|Quality ||Mohandas Gandhi ||Mother Teresa ||Student |
|Personal Values || |
- Forgiveness: he has forgiven those people who put him into jail and tried to assassinate him.
- Learning from mistakes: when he was child, he lied and stole and too much focus on material things, but he just learn from his mistake and never made it twice. Finally achieved his success
- Love but never hate: this value are only show on a great spiritual leaders, such as Christ and Buddha.
- Live in present: he always focus on the task in hands, not wasting time on look back at the past or thinking things happen on future.
- Non Violence: he never recommend use violence to solve, if human can solve their problem peacefully and without violent. Thousands of innocent lives can be saved.
Although she faced so many turmoil and challenges, but she did not give up. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow has bot ye come, live in present. She lived out each day she had incredibly,
- Be kind: she said that kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Love and help others: she devoted all of her life to service of people who need help.
- Do not give up:
- Forgiveness: she believes that without forgiveness we are not able to love.
- Self-Discipline: always remind self to behave.
- Learn from mistake: rethink after make a mistake and donâ€™t happen again.
- Be kind: be kind to everyone, and judge another personâ€™s feelings by oneâ€™s own.
- Enjoy the present: enjoy the everyday in my life.
- Be thankful: feel thanks for everything I have and grateful the life I have.
|Personal Beliefs || |
- All religions are equal.
- He believes in the power of truth and compassion for others.
- Non-violence was the highest virtue, which means not just anti-violence, but also love all the life.
- Celibacy and vegetarianism are important for achieving spiritual purity.
- Love and self-sacrifice: people should live in love and peace and share the love with others.
- All religion leads to the same God.
- There is spiritual value in suffering. It bring them closer to Christ.
- Silence, prayer, faith, love, service and pace are the six steps to peace.
- All religious are equal
- All religion leads to the same God
- Lazy make me feel comfortable also made a underachiever
- Believe all the mistake can be forgive
- No violence to other people.
|Personal Attitudes || |
- Know oneâ€™s own mind
- Self- sacrifice
- Live on the edge
- Strong belief
- Self- sacrifice
- Service with a smile
- Service with a smile
|Personal Metaprograms Motivation Filter Orientation Filter Success Indication Filter Decision-Making Filter Convincer Filter Leadership filter Energy Direction Filter Performance Filter Work Satisfaction Filter Preferred Interest Filter Abstract/Specific Filter Comparison Filter Challenge Response Filter Time Awareness Filter Focus Filter ||Toward Motivated Necessity Internal See and Do Automatic Self and Others Active Management Player People Activities Abstract to Specific Sameness with different Equally Thinking In Time Others ||Toward Motivated Necessity Internal See and Do Automatic Self and Others Active Management Player People Activities Abstract to Specific Sameness with different Equally Thinking In Time Others ||Toward Motivated Necessity Internal See and Do Automatic Self Active Independent People Activities Abstract to Specific Sameness with different Equally Choice In Time Self |
|Quotes Associated to them ||â€œMen often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning.â€ â€œFirst they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you and then you win.â€ â€œThe weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.â€ ||â€œEverybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the worldâ€ â€œIn this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great loveâ€ ||N/A |
|Main Decision points in Their Life || |
- 1915, he decide to returned to India and join the Congress movement, become one of the party leaders.
- He collaborated with Mountbatten and Wavell in the build up to independence in 1947, aim to change the religious issues of India
- She decide to found the Missionaries of Charity to help the poor.
- She insist to keep the Missionaries of Charity running without enough money and resource, because she believe God will provide.
- Decide to went to Singapore live alone
- Decide to join health care force, to help who disability
|Memories & References || |
- 1888, He went to London to study law and went to South Africa to work as a lawyer.
- 1907, In South Africa he joined the passive protests against the Transvaal governmentâ€™s treatment of Indian settlers who were in the minority in the region.
- 1915, he back to India and joined the Congress movement and become one of the leaders.
- When Mother Teresa was about eight, her father past away and her family was devastated. Her mother raising her three children by selling handmade embroidery.
- She want to become a nun to serve God when she was 12, that means she give up the chance to marry and have children and have to give up her family and possessions.
- When she 17, she finally decide to be nun and went to the India to help people.
|The first month I arrival Singapore, I have no direction at all, and donâ€™t know what is waiting for me and what Iâ€™m waiting. When I first day went to the school in Singapore and contact with fully English education, I feel darkness of my future, because I canâ€™t communicate with anybody. When I first time join the work in hotel, there is no one help me, everyone is rush on their own task, it force me to open my mouth to ask every single things. |
|Personal Traits || |
- Independent of thought
- Set oneself against with violent
- Attic faith
- Everyone in the earth is equal
- Remorseless with the task for self
- Passionate to life
|Personal Skills & Skill Sets || |
- Being an excellent listener
- Emphasis on self-awareness and discipline
- Be open-minded
- Have a solid personal foundation
- Keep smiling and loving
- Able to forgiveness
- Being an excellent listener
- Be open-minded
- Never take no for an answer
|Personal Strategies || |
- Learn from mistake
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Being the conscience keeper
- Take up a great cause
- Start with you home and those around you
- Create a tribe
- Donâ€™t wait for anyone else
- Start from a small piece
- Learn from mistake
For this leadership, the leader has all the authority and control over decision making. The leader not only making decision, also monitor the progress of the follower and giving supervise to them. The advantage of this leadership are minimize the chance of mistake or accident happen and increase efficiency. Transformational Leadership
This leadership are create a noble vision to work towards that inspires the followers, the leader are authentic in their interactions within the team to inspires and encourage the follow take action. Also the leader are focus on the professional of the team and each followerâ€™s personal development to get better result, and the leader are encourage the team members use their imagination and talent to enhance team standard. Paternalistic leadership
This kind of leadership the relationship between leader and the follower are mostly like the father taking care of his children. The follow are fully trust their leader, the relationship between this two are very strong. But follower under this leadership they canâ€™t complete task independently and they are over reliant on their leader to make the decision. Personally, my favor is Autocratic Leadership. I prefer the theory of the leader doing all the decision making and monitor all the others members. Because Iâ€™m more focus on the efficiency and avoid mistake happen. Also in my opinion the follower have to accurately follow the leaderâ€™s decision to make sure the stability of the team and to perform a great team work. b)
I donâ€™t prefer transformation leadership, because this leadership require the leader have to spent exact time to inspire the team members and giving space to let the team members have creative that may cause conflict within the team. For the paternalistic leadership, the leader are spent too much time on taking care the team members, even cause them canâ€™t work independently. That is seriously affected the work efficiency of the team. 4)
|Values || |
- Making a difference: I would like to make different with my life or doing work, some small change make help me reduce stress.
- Self-discipline: have clear boundary with thing not allow to touch at any time or any situation. And always do follow it.
- Standing out: Iâ€™m the person always have the creative thinking and can get everybodyâ€™s attention.
- Reliable: Iâ€™m the person who make people feel can truth and emphasize promise.
- Entrepreneurial: I can discover the chance which other people doesnâ€™t realized and make profit from it.
|Beliefs || |
- Be patience and get ready for the coming chance, because the chance only come once.
- The way how you treat people, is how the people treat you.
- Make other people feels happy make meaning to me
- Lazy make me feel comfortable also made a underachiever
- Take control is fun for me, I like the feel everything under control
|Attitudes || |
- Service with a smile, always show the best side of me to people
- Give more understand and more forgive, put self into otherâ€™s position and feel their feeling.
- Give understand to peopleâ€™s mistake, because every people will made mistake.
- Life is meant to be enjoyed and treasure every second I have, enjoy then present moment
- Curious with the filed I interested. Iâ€™ll pay extra energy on things Iâ€™m interesting
|Metaprograms || |
- Always motivate myself
- Make decision quick and correct
- Time is money, and more than just money
- If take the challenge, then have to complete the challenge perfect
- When service people, have to stand on their position first
- The first decision I made is went to Singapore study and live alone, it give me the opportunity to see the dickens in the wider world also how to survival in the wider world. Is the process for me grow up from a boy to a men, learned how to solve every situation will happen on real life without family support. Also, I had chance to work in many 5 star hotel in Singapore to learn how to deal with different kind of peoples, to give me a well social skill. Manage the event function provide me the skill with how to become a leader, since I was climb up from the bottom I do know what is every team members thinking to make me easily control the event.
- The second decision was after I come New Zealand and take this course. After few placement, I feel a great satisfy when I can really help someone with my own hand, it give me something I canâ€™t have in my perverse life. Donâ€™t like donate money to some origination I never heard about, I feel meaningful when I use my own hand to give support to other people. And I feel I find my life purpose.
6) The three memory give me chance to learn a lot things. The first memory taught me the hope always beside you, donâ€™t give up easily and made my have a strong faith and to be a optimism people. The second memory made me become a person can easily adapt with any new environment within a short time, I donâ€™t feel helplessness and become an independent person. The third memory let me become a thick-skinned person with contact with people and also provide me the experience to be a leader. 7) Personal traits
- Ambitious: Iâ€™m not feel satisfy with my current situation, I always aim for the higher task and making a plan to achieve it
- Resilient: I do have the skill to dealing with stress and more pressure is more motivate for me.
- Passionate to life: actively facing every day I have, enjoy the different and challenge pear in my life
- Never take no for an answer: I seeing things positively, think how to solve problem. Never pass the buck if I made any mistake, I will take the responsibility and try my best to fix it
- Being an excellent listener: when people talk to me, I will listen and donâ€™t break it. Because listen other people help me enhance my knowledge.
- Be open-minded: different people have different view, I donâ€™t judge people who has different view with me but try to understand by stand on others position and giving patience.
- Donâ€™t wait for anyone else: have to be an independent person, not expect other people will do for you.
- Start from a small piece: before start doing a task, Iâ€™ll make a plan and start from a small piece. It saves time and make my work more easy and tidy
- Learn from mistake: the best teacher is myself, I learn new things from every mistake I made.
8) I have compared me and the two leaders with the value, belief, attitudes, metaprograms. Traits, skills, and strategies to analysis the thing I have to learn from them and improve myself to achieve a good leadership on me. From the value I think I have learn from Gandhi with love but never hate, it is most difficult value from him and most precious point on him, he forgive everyone who try to harm him and reach a level normal people canâ€™t reach. i also have some common point between this two leaders, such as live in present and be kind. For the beliefs, me and this two leaders are both belief all the religious are equal and non-violent. But I think I still can learn the spiritual value in suffering, it bring them closer to Christ. I donâ€™t have much experience been suffer with lack of food or physical pain. I living in a material well-being life, I canâ€™t really go into their world and I think that is what I lack to be a good leader. This two leaders are both have the self-sacrifice attitudes, they sacrifice and spent most of their life to helping other people for not benefit, in my opinion people can do that is a true leader, and me and this two leaders are all optimistic with any situation and problem, we had strong belief to help us solve the problem. The metaprograms between me and the two leaders are mostly same but I feel I have to enhance my thinking about others but not only myself. On their traits I also have some common point which same with them, such as Independent of thought and Remorseless with the task for self, but what I lack of is an attic faith, I always easily give up because many material temptation. For the personal skills we had common point such as being a good listener and always be smile. But it is really hard to forgive for me, that what I feel Iâ€™m lack of. For the strategies, I do have align with them like learn from mistake. And I feel continuous learning and improvement the most thing I need now, Iâ€™m still young and not enough knowledge and experience. Learning is the very important part for me to become a good leader. 9) I came from China, my culture background are traditional Chinese culture which are emphasize on etiquette and connotation culture. The first thing we have learn is modest and modestly decline. It is difference with the culture of those two leaders. Mother Teresa was born in Skopje, Macedonia and she affect a lot by Indian culture since she spent most of her life in Indian. Also she is a devout Catholic, she believe God will provide everything for her to help those poor, her faith give her very strong will and confidence to made todays Mother Teresa. Mohandas Gandhi was born in India but receive British education, he had very strong great man leadership, and his idea are far sighted. Those all are the factor of he become a great leader. For this two leaders, they had some common point. They both are think all the religious, color and level of people are equal and both of them spent their life to help peoples. Another common point is both of them are having a very strong leadership, people gathering, and identity and support them. PART B 1) My current state Currently Iâ€™m working as a support worker, and I do had experience of to be a leader. I have few personal strengths to be a leader such as, a strong time management with my schedule to make sure I always complete task on time, good plan making for each task to achieve the best result and good monitor skill to encourage and supervise team member compete each task. But I also have some weaknesses that might influence my approach to leadership like lack of communication skill to make effective communication with team member, and play autocratic because I always feel Iâ€™m the one who are right, it might let other team members feel dissatisfied. Last one is lack of conflict management skill, when conflict happen I always feel agitated and play bad attitude with other members. Since I like to joke with my friends, sometime they will feel Iâ€™m not a reliable person even sometime I try to help. Also they feel me are stubborn and not positive all the time. Another side, my friends all like to talk with me, because Iâ€™m a good listener and I always can solve problem with different angle, also because Iâ€™m a very upbeat person. 2) My desired state I feel if I want to be a good leader, first I have to have a good attitude during the task progress and encourage other members to have a good working environment, also I have to improve my conflict manage skill to make me more driving the team. Last, I have to enhance my communication skill to make an effective communication with other members. I think if I could achieve the three task above Iâ€™ll be a leader who are up to standard, also it will enhance the quality of my life to make it more efficiency and to make my friends feel more comfortable while stay with me. Short Term Outcome
- Positive attitude: to improve my performance during the team work
- Conflict Manage Skill: to reduce the conflict between others
- Communication Skill: to make a clear information exchange, make work more efficiency.
Long Term Outcome
- Positive attitude: to enhance my life quality.
- Conflict Manage Skill: dealing with people with no conflict, mutual understanding
- Communication Skill: bring this skill into my future career, achieve it more successful
3) My strategies
- To taking the course of how to work more positively to enhance myself
- Give more understand to other people when conflict occur and learn how to transpositoal consideration.
- Take the course of how to have effective communication with other people and enhance my skill.
- Focus on work for every day, and be passion on work
- Not conflict happen between friend, if happen try to solve peacefully
- Share some interest story to friend with using effective communication skill.
I might ask tutorâ€™s help with the skill knowledge or suggest, also internet is a good way to help with the gaining information. Or can read the book I like to keep self in a good mood. 4) Timeline Short term: 19 May 2015 â€“ 19 Oct 2015 Long term: 19 May 2015 â€“ 19 May 2016 APA Top 10 Qualities of Mahatma Gandhi & why you need to learn them.byAlok Sharma http://theuntrailedpath.blogspot.co.nz/2011/10/top-10-qualities-of-mahatma-gandhi-why.html 10 Life Lessons From Mother Teresa.by Sompong Yusoontorn http://www.slideshare.net/bright9977/10-life-lessons-from-mother-teresa History Learning Site.Mahatma Gandhi. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mahatma_gandhi.htm 10 Leadership Lessons From Mahatma Gandhi.by Sompong Yusoontron. http://www.slideshare.net/bright9977/10-leadership-lessons-from-mahatma-gandhi Mother Teresa.a Biography About Mother Teresa, the Saint of the Gutters.by Jennifer Rosenberg. http://history1900s.about.com/od/people/a/motherteresa.htm